John is back from his journey’s in Brazil. Throughout the jungle Jeep hunting, he risked life and limb to find the best military vehicles around! We’re glad he’s back safe and sound…at least until his next adventure.
1958 DAF YA 126 troupe carrier,1 ton vehicle, American made Hercules industrial JXC gas engine, 4 wheel drive, 4 speed manual with high and low “H drive transmission”, each wheel has its own differential and drive shaft directly from the transmission, spare tires on side are free rolling to help prevent the vehicle from getting stuck in off highway conditions. it has some minor surface rust in areas as shown in photos. runs great and is in original condition, has not been restored. tires have plenty of tread but show signs of weather on side walls. lights are not currently working, keeps blowing the fuse. Fuel tank transfer switch not functioning properly so currently only running from passenger side tank. Vehicle is located in Rancho Cucamonga CA.
Contact Robert Dowser (626) 277- 5985 ~SOLD
1942 CMC wrecker ( because of the large winch mounted before the rear differential),
Righthand steering built in Canada.
Engine turns with handcrank, but I don’t know if it will run.
Right drivers door is missing, as is the towing boom.
Right windscreen has been broken.
If you have an interest in this vehicle, you will have to personally come to Canada with a flatbed carrier vehicle to extract it.
Contact: Bill Sedor at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Canadian Military Pattern (CMP) truck was a class of military truck – of various forms – made in large numbers in Canada during World War II to British Army specifications for use in the armies of the British Commonwealth allies. Standard designs were drawn up just before the beginning of the war.
CMP trucks were also sent to the Soviet Union following the Nazi invasion, as part of Canada’s Gift and Mutual Aid program to the Allies. During the War CMP trucks saw service around the world in the North African Campaign, the Allied invasion of Sicily, the Italian Campaign, the Soviet Front, the Burma Campaign, the Battle of the Philippines (1941–42), the liberation of Northwest Europe, and the Western Allied invasion of Germany. CMP trucks also saw service in post-war conflicts in Indonesia, French Indochina, and the Portuguese colonies in Africa.
Contact Tom at email@example.com ~SOLD
The Diamond T Motor Car Company was founded in Chicago in 1905 by C. A. Tilt. Reportedly, the company name was created when Tilt’s shoe-making father fashioned a logo featuring a big “T” (for Tilt, of course) framed by a diamond, which signified high quality. From its beginnings manufacturing touring cars, the company later became known for its trucks. By 1967, as a subsidiary of White Motor Company, it was merged with Reo Motor Company to become Diamond Reo Trucks, Inc.
During World War II, Diamond T produced a classic heavy truck in the 980/981, a prime mover which was quickly acquired by the British Purchasing Commission for duty as a tank transporter tractor. Coupled with a Rogers trailer, the truck gave sterling service with the British Army in North Africa Campaign, where its power and rugged construction allowed the rescue of damaged tanks in the most demanding of conditions. In addition Diamond T built the entire range of the G509 series 4 ton 6X6s, including cargo, dump, semi tractor, and wrecker trucks, as well as some lighter trucks, and even G7102 half tracks. Diamond T ranked 47th among United States corporations in the value of World War II military production contracts. Diamond T manufactured two pickup trucks: the Model 80 and the Model 201. Both pickups were powered by the Hercules QX-series 6-cylinder engines. The Model 201 was produced from 1938 to 1949.
When manufactured the Diamond-T 969A 4 ton, 6×6 Wrecker was powered by the 6 cyl., 529 cu. in. Hercules RXC engine that developed 106 hp. mated to a five speed manual transmission and two speed transfer case. It was equipped with the Holmes W-45 heavy duty military wrecker bed with its twin boom and two 5-ton winches at the front of the bed as well as a front mounted winch. A variety of other recovery equipment was carried, along with its own air compressor.
The vehicle weighed 21,350 lbs. and could tow 25,000 pounds. It was 292 in. long, 100 in. wide, and 116 in. high.
Date of production 6/26/1942, Ohio title, rebuilt Chrysler 230 6 cylinder engine.
Engine rebuild by Automotive Machine of Frasier MI. New tires & tubes. Canvas tops and top bows. Correct body style, wheels and body components for early 42 WC. Sandblasting and P.O.R.15 used extensively throughout the project.
WC project period 2007-09, manuals and any extra parts go with the vehicle.
Currently about 700+ miles on the vehicle.
Location Toledo, Ohio
The Dodge WC series was a range of light military trucks produced by Dodge and Fargo during World War II. The series included weapon carriers, telephone installation trucks, ambulances, reconnaissance vehicles, mobile workshops and command cars. They were replaced after the war by the Dodge M-series vehicles. WC was a Dodge model code: W for 1941.
This is a first series GP: tub 9181, frame *9958, and engine *8835*. It
is listed on the national registry for GP’s
The restoration of GP 9181 was completed in 2015. This restoration
a frame off approach with all rust and body filler removed from the tub.
The only panels deemed unable to be restored were the tool bin interiors.
Newly manufactured tool bin interiors were obtained from Simon Allen of
Australia and welded into place. The tub, frame, and engine block were
all stripped, primed, and painted in the correct drab paint supplied by
Paul Viens of TM9 Ordnance. Not reproductions or civilian modified
Wiring, gas line, brake lines, etc.. were replaced as well. Rear end,
front end, transfer case, transmission, front knuckles, etc… were all
The engine was checked and had good compression in all cylinders. Because
it had good compression, burned no oil, and had appropriate power, it was
felt an engine rebuild was not in order.
9181 Components that were rebuilt included:
Holley 947D carburetor
The good aspects of 9181 are that it is a nearly complete GP with many of
the very hard to find parts including the correct carburetor, correct
distributor, air cleaner, air horn, combat rims, vintage tires, etc… It
is a running and driving example that is driven in car show/parades. The
paint is close to 100% and it is a very clean example with less than 50
miles on it since the restoration. It recently placed first in class,
president’s choice, and best in show at the MVPA Military Vehicle Rally in
Orlando, Fl ( Feb 26-28, 2016).
The less than good aspects include:
It has a reproduction horn. The speedometer is the 0-60mph rather than
the 0-100mph speedometer ( a highly contested subject among GP purists).
Some of the parts were mistakenly painted the wrong color most noticeably
the radiator painted black rather than OD green.
It still has some minor wiring needs including wiring the horn and wiring
the fuel gauge. The headlights and combat lights are dim and would likely
need replacing if it is driving at night. I have left them alone
because the bulbs are wartime dated. It does have a top but no side
Some welding was required to fill in rust holes around the side curtain
snaps so we opted to fill all of the holes in and re-drill in the future.
It has not been re-drilled for the snaps.
Restored and running ferret
Contact John for details. ~SOLD
Please click on any of the pictures below to view a larger image. [nggallery id=112]