The Willys MC or formally the 1⁄4-Ton, 4 x 4, Utility Truck M38 was a quarter-ton four-wheel drive military light utility vehicle made by Willys between 1949 and 1952. It replaced the World War II Willys MB and Ford GPW models, and had a total production of more than 60,000 units. The M38 was a military version of the then-current civilian Jeep CJ-3A. The M38 differed from the CJ-3A in numerous ways, including a reinforced frame and suspension, waterproof 24-volt electrical system, sealed vent system for the engine, transmission, transfer case, fuel system and brake system. Some M38 jeeps were assigned to the Korean theatre of operations, but the majority of vehicles used in that conflict were rebuilt World War II vintage. Approximately 2,300 M38 Jeeps were manufactured by Ford of Canada for Canadian Armed Forces in 1952, designated as the M38-CDN jeep. Its successor was Willys M38A1.
The M38 windshield could be folded flat for firing and the body was equipped with a pintle hook for towing and lifting shackles front and rear. The headlights were no longer recessed as on previous models but protruded with a guard wire in front. The “pioneer” tools (ax and shovel) which were carried on the MB’s driver side were transferred to the passenger side of this vehicle
This Jeep was found in the desert and has no significant rust. It came with a hardtop, so it was well protected. It now has an M-38A1 engine that probably runs, however it comes with a professionally rebuilt correct M-38 engine. All the accessories come with the correct engine. Also, other parts are included with this jeep, but not shown.
$9500 with a good title.
This jeep is nearly complete.