M-20 Armored Utility Car
No significant rust or damage, hatches, and rim have been cut off, engine covers missing.
Engine seems complete, I will check it better soon. The drivetrain appears to be complete.
The M548 tracked cargo carrier is an unarmored variant of the M113 APC. This vehicle was developed in 1965. It is a general purpose transport vehicle, intended to carry cargo or ammunition to forward areas. This tracked carrier is no longer in service with the US Army. It was exported to Argentina, Canada, Israel, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and some other countries. It is still operational with some export operators.
The vehicle has a payload capacity of 5.45 t. It can carry three passengers in the cab and at least four in the cargo compartment.
The M548 tracked carrier can be armed with a pintle-mounted 12.7 mm or 7.62 mm machine gun over the cab for self-defense.
The original M548 supply carrier was powered by Detroit Diesel 6V53 turbocharged diesel engine, developing 210 hp. The engine is mounted behind the cab. The vehicle has a low ground pressure and performs well in rugged terrain. The M548 is fully amphibious. On the water, it is propelled by its tracks. The vehicle can be airlifted by the C-130 Hercules. Its height can be reduced by removing canvas top and folding windscreen.
A number of the M548 variants were developed and fielded, including minelayer, recovery vehicle, various radar carriers, missile launchers. A stretched version with 6 road wheels was also used.
As early as January 1940, Roebling had prepared preliminary sketches of an LVT with a gun turret to provide fire support to the landing waves. The concept languished until June 1941, when USMC recommended the development of an LVT armed with a 37mm gun and three machine guns and armored against 0.50 (12.7mm) machine gun fire. Development was slow and ultimately involved a complete redesign of the LVT, the LVT-2 Buffalo. Armored versions were introduced as well as fire support versions, dubbed Amtanks, which were fitted with turrets from Stuart series light tanks (LVT(A)-1) and Howitzer Motor Carriage M8s (LVT(A)-4).
Among other upgrades were a new powerpack (engine and cooling accessories), also borrowed from the Stuarts, and a rubber “torsilastic” suspension which improved performance on land. After Borg-Warner evaluated the LVT-1, Borg-Warner and FMC began work on new designs. FMC was assisted by faculty from Caltech and the University of California and developed the designs that became the LVT-2 and the LVT(A)-1. Interest in the LVT was enough that the Secretary of the Navy formed the Continued Board for the Development of the Landing Vehicle Tracked on 30 October 1943.
Serious Buyers Only
The M4 was based on the chassis and drivetrain of the M3 Light Tank which introduced the trailing idler. One variant was designed to tow the 3-inch or 90 mm anti-aircraft gun, and another was for the 155 mm gun or 8-inch howitzer. The rear compartment carried the gun crew and other equipment and some later variants included a crane to assist with heavier projectiles. Two types of ammunition boxes were used on all models: a 90 mm box with side “tailgates” to access 90 mm shells pigeon-holed in the sides, and a combination box for 155 mm or 8-inch ammunition.
After the war, many types of these tractors were stripped of their military components and used for log skidders and power line construction.
Contact Greg for more details: email@example.com ~SOLD
Vehicles are sometimes lent to filmmakers or private persons for various events. Actual price rate is 600,- EUR per day/vehicle (100,- EUR costs of operation included) transport back and forth is operated by the customer. Yearly its about 20 orders, its possible to give contacts to a new owner and keep the lending business going with 10 000,- EUR income/year.
The FV4201 Chieftain was the main battle tank of the United Kingdom during the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s. It was the “most formidable main battle tank in the world” at the time of its introduction in 1966 with the most powerful main gun and most effective armor of any tank yet made.[not in citation given]. This was further improved while in service with Chobham armor upgrades.
More videos to come.
The Ferret was developed in 1949 as a result of a British Army requirement issued in 1947. ‘Light reconnaissance cars’ existed in during the Second World War, notably the Daimler Reconnaissance Scout Car.
Given its experience with the successful “Dingo” (6,626 produced and one of two British AFVs produced throughout WWII) Daimler was awarded a development contract in October 1948, and in June 1950 the first prototype of the Car, Scout, 4×4, Liaison (Ferret) Mark 1 was delivered.
Given the designation FV 701(C) it was one of several versions but the one that most closely resembled the original Daimler scout cars, and represented the basic model Ferret. This shared many similar design features with the Dingo, notably the H form drive train in which a central differential eliminates loss of traction due to wheel-slip, and parallel drive shafts considerably reduced the height of the vehicle (roughly equivalent to that of a tracked AFV), considerably reducing the vehicle’s visual signature over conventional armoured car designs.
Like the Daimler scout car the Ferret suspension consisted of pairs of transverse links and single coil springs, the wheels driven by Tracta constant-velocity joints, but the Ferret benefited from epicyclic reduction gears that reduced transmission torque loads, essential given the more powerful six cylinder 4.26 liter water-cooled Rolls Royce B.60 petrol engine. Connected by a fluid coupling to a pre-selector five-speed epicyclic gearbox, all gears being available in reverse, in its original form the Ferret this installation produced 116 bhp at 3,300 rpm and 129 bhp at 3,750 in its final form.
This improved power-to-weight ratio, longer wheelbase (2.29 m (7.5 ft) as compared with the Dingo’s 1.98 meters (6.5 feet)) and the fitting of larger 9.00 x 16 run flat tires both increased speed and mobility over broken ground.
When compared with the Daimler Dingo and Canadian Ford Lynx, the Ferret featured a larger fighting compartment, directly mounted to the hull (a feature that made the Ferret much noisier than Dingo, which lacked a full monocoque body).
Constructed of 6–16 mm (0.24–0.63 in) steel plate protecting the crew from shell splinters at most angles except directly overhead, as the basic vehicle was open-topped and unarmed, with the exception of six forward-firing grenade launchers fitted to the hull over the front wheels (normally carrying smoke grenades), a feature found on all subsequent marks and models.
Contact: Carlo Magno firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (360) 771-1055
For Sale is a 1942 White Scout Car. The restoration was a complete frame-off restoration using NOS parts and parts from several suppliers. The JXD engine was completely rebuilt by an automotive machine shop and it runs like a top.
Items rebuilt: brakes, steering box, brake booster, transmission, transfer case, drive shafts, all bearings including wheel and transfer assemblies, radiator cored, and gauges rebuilt; if you name it, it was worked on.
With the Scout Car is a full set of canvas including top bows, extensions, carry bag for extensions, door posts door canvas, top canvas with straps and carry bag for the canvas. The large bag on the rear of the vehicle has all of the door and top canvas. The SCR 508 radio also works from the back of the vehicle or at the commander’s station.
Since the restoration, the Scout Car has been in several shows and convoys and featured in the MVPA Supply Line in 2010. It has participated in several ARMVPA Red Ball convoys and the 2015 Bankhead Convoy. This vehicle certainly draws a lot of attention and is fun to drive. And, for the people up North, it has the very rare heater that works.
Some History: During the restoration, markings on the front bumpers indicated the vehicle was assigned to the 2nd Armored Division, 82 Recon. Battalion, truck A-2. The hood numbers were also original as found during the restoration. The Data Plate is the original and this was a Greek Return in the mid-80’s; rebuild tag on the engine.
The vehicle is complete from the bulkhead forward or has NOS parts installed. The storage boxes are a reproduction as is the tread plate in the back. I am not sure about the rear bumper and brackets. The side armor is original but rewelded due to being demilled.
Location: East Texas
Klune-V Extreme underdrive
Custom heavy steel skid plate to protect the underdrive and transmission
Heavy duty 17″ alloy wheels
Micky Thompson Baja cLAW tIRES 33 x 12.5 R17
Reinforced factory roll bar
Custom external chrome-moly roll cage
Heavy tubular steel front rock guard
Custom gas tank skid plate
A custom rear step that also acts as a rear rock guard
Warn HS9500i winch mounts to front or rear
New heavy duty steering dampener
Modified exhaust system to improve clearance
Removable, dual gas can mounts
CO2 cylinder for tire inflation
Both 24v and 12v electrical with trickle chargers
Overhead console in cab for CB radio or CD player
Four multi speakers plus large sub-woofer
Corbeau seats and original seats
Aluminum door panels
Halon fire extinguisher in cab
Stainless Steel Kitchen table with adjustable leg
Built-in propane tank behind the gas tank
Kitchen box with three burner propane stove
Rear fire extinguisher behind CO2 tank
Cooler, food, tool, and bedding boxes strap to the steel rod
Kitchen table stores under rear deck with table leveler
Always garaged. No rust