Ford designed the MUTT – short for Military Unit Tactical Truck – to replace the Willys M38 and M38A1 (the military versions of the Jeep CJ-3A and CJ-5). Unlike those more traditional jeeps, the MUTT uses an independent suspension and unibody construction. While Ford built and designed the M151A2, AM General and Kaiser built a few MUTTs during its 23-year production run, too – the three companies screwed together over 100,000 M151A2s between 1959 and 1982.
Uncut 1972 M-151A2 MUTT jeep
This MUTT is from the desert so there is no rust. It operates well with only 23,500 miles on it.
The Gama Goat was a six-wheel-drive semi-amphibiousoff-road vehicle originally developed for use by the US military in the Vietnam War. The ‘Goat used an articulated chassis so that from distance it appears to be a four-wheel drive vehicle pulling a two-wheel trailer, but it is a single six-wheel vehicle with a four-wheel steering arrangement with the front and rear wheels turning in opposite directions. It was famous for its ability to travel over exceptionally rough and muddy terrain.
The vehicle’s nickname came from two sources; “Gama” from the name of the inventor of its powered articulated joint, Roger Gamaunt, and “Goat” for its mountain goat-like off-road ability. Its military designation was M561, 6×6 tactical 1¼-ton truck. There was also an ambulance version known as the M792. The ‘Goat’ is prized among military vehicle collectors because it is so unusual and in short supply. The vehicle was replaced by a variety of Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicles (CUCV) and ‘Humvees‘ (HMMWV)
This gamma goat is the ambulance model m792 not the standard model m561 and also the USMC model of which only 1758 were built
For more information contact: John ~SOLD~
Here in Europe, we have a 1942 T-34 from the WW2 with documents, it’s demilitarized and in good working condition.
The T-34 was a Soviet medium tank that had a profound and lasting effect on the field of tank design. Although its armor and armament were surpassed later in the war, it has been often credited as the most effective, efficient and influential tank design of the Second World War.
1954 Dodge M37 for sale. Engine runs well, 7400 original miles. engine and drive train clean and solid, radiator in super condition, brakes and lights need work. All gauges are working, data plates in place. The fuel tank and lines appear to be in immaculate condition. The carburetor and fuel pump should be rebuilt with a kit as should the brake master cylinder. Seat canvas and foam are deteriorated, but the springs and wood base are intact. All of the parts for the bows and troop seats are present, but the wood is dry from the summer sun and should be replaced. The vehicle is not titled and will be sold on a bill of sale. The original OD paint has been preserved under a light coat of older OD paint which cleans off easily as oxidation has made it easy to remove, but it has preserved the original finish. This would probably not need a frame off restoration, only minor mechanical work on brakes and lights, and one could remove the lighter over paint revealing the original finish. Look at the star on the passenger door and you can see where that was cleaned with 15 minuted of effort.
This ambulance is in the West Texas desert and it never had rust on it. Other than a scratch, it has been well cared for and serviced.
Dodge began producing light trucks immediately upon its formation in 1914. For the first few years these were based largely on the existing passenger cars, later specific chassis and body designs were used. Light- and medium-duty models were offered first, then a heavy-duty range was added during the 1930s and 1940s. Dodge produced its first prototypes of dedicated military trucks in late 1939: the 1/2 ton 4×4 VC series. Production of the VC series started in 1940. At the outset of World War II, Dodge produced the G-505 WC ½ ton series of military light trucks in 38 individual models, thousands of some models were produced, while only a few of some others were made. The WC ½ ton trucks replaced the 1940 VC-1 to VC-6 ½ton Dodge trucks which were also part of the G505 series. 79,771 of the ½ ton trucks were produced during late 1940–1942 under War Department contracts. WC models 1 to 50 were part of the 1/2 ton range and were 80% interchangeable in service parts with the later 3/4 ton models.
The Dodge WC series was a range of light military trucks produced by Dodge and Fargo during World War II. The series included weapon carriers, telephone installation trucks, ambulances, reconnaissance vehicles, mobile workshops and command cars. They were replaced after the war by the Dodge M-series vehicles. WC was a Dodge model code: W for 1941 and C for half-ton rating.
Entering production during 1941 to early 1942, they were specifically designed to serve as military ambulances. These early variants are distinguishable from the later ones by having a curved radiator grille, while the later ones (WC51 onwards) featured a flat grille. These versions were given a longer 123 in (3,100 mm) wheelbase.
1970 M-151A2 MUTT jeep, uncut, from New Mexico desert, so no rust, rebuilt engine and transmission, new seat cushions, batteries, glass, top, brakes, etc. This is a good driving MUTT with a “motor pool” restoration.
1958 DAF YA 126 troupe carrier,1 ton vehicle, American made Hercules industrial JXC gas engine, 4 wheel drive, 4 speed manual with high and low “H drive transmission”, each wheel has its own differential and drive shaft directly from the transmission, spare tires on side are free rolling to help prevent the vehicle from getting stuck in off highway conditions. it has some minor surface rust in areas as shown in photos. runs great and is in original condition, has not been restored. tires have plenty of tread but show signs of weather on side walls. lights are not currently working, keeps blowing the fuse. Fuel tank transfer switch not functioning properly so currently only running from passenger side tank. Vehicle is located in Rancho Cucamonga CA.
1942 CMC wrecker ( because of the large winch mounted before the rear differential),
Righthand steering built in Canada.
Engine turns with handcrank, but I don’t know if it will run.
Right drivers door is missing, as is the towing boom.
Right windscreen has been broken.
If you have an interest in this vehicle, you will have to personally come to Canada with a flatbed carrier vehicle to extract it.
Contact: Bill Sedor at email@example.com
1943-44 Diamond t wrecker W45 969A has had a singer owner for the last 12 years. She is a runner and is about 90% complete. It’s missing the small air compressor under the boom but otherwise, it is in good condition, the glass is good and it just had the points, cap and rotor replaced. It does need 2 new tires due to a couple with dry rot. It was painted about 5 years ago and newly reupholstered both seats and has an extra 6-volt battery. The boom and winch cable is good plus all data plates are there.
The Diamond T Motor Car Company was founded in Chicago in 1905 by C. A. Tilt. Reportedly, the company name was created when Tilt’s shoe-making father fashioned a logo featuring a big “T” (for Tilt, of course) framed by a diamond, which signified high quality. From its beginnings manufacturing touring cars, the company later became known for its trucks. By 1967, as a subsidiary of White Motor Company, it was merged with Reo Motor Company to become Diamond Reo Trucks, Inc.
During World War II, Diamond T produced a classic heavy truck in the 980/981, a prime mover which was quickly acquired by the British Purchasing Commission for duty as a tank transporter tractor. Coupled with a Rogers trailer, the truck gave sterling service with the British Army in North Africa Campaign, where its power and rugged construction allowed the rescue of damaged tanks in the most demanding of conditions. In addition Diamond T built the entire range of the G509 series 4 ton 6X6s, including cargo, dump, semi tractor, and wrecker trucks, as well as some lighter trucks, and even G7102 half tracks. Diamond T ranked 47th among United States corporations in the value of World War II military production contracts. Diamond T manufactured two pickup trucks: the Model 80 and the Model 201. Both pickups were powered by the Hercules QX-series 6-cylinder engines. The Model 201 was produced from 1938 to 1949.
When manufactured the Diamond-T 969A 4 ton, 6×6 Wrecker was powered by the 6 cyl., 529 cu. in. Hercules RXC engine that developed 106 hp. mated to a five speed manual transmission and two speed transfer case. It was equipped with the Holmes W-45 heavy duty military wrecker bed with its twin boom and two 5-ton winches at the front of the bed as well as a front mounted winch. A variety of other recovery equipment was carried, along with its own air compressor.
The vehicle weighed 21,350 lbs. and could tow 25,000 pounds. It was 292 in. long, 100 in. wide, and 116 in. high.
This is a first series GP: tub 9181, frame *9958, and engine *8835*. It
is listed on the national registry for GP’s
The restoration of GP 9181 was completed in 2015. This restoration
a frame off approach with all rust and body filler removed from the tub.
The only panels deemed unable to be restored were the tool bin interiors.
Newly manufactured tool bin interiors were obtained from Simon Allen of
Australia and welded into place. The tub, frame, and engine block were
all stripped, primed, and painted in the correct drab paint supplied by
Paul Viens of TM9 Ordnance. Not reproductions or civilian modified
Wiring, gas line, brake lines, etc.. were replaced as well. Rear end,
front end, transfer case, transmission, front knuckles, etc… were all
The engine was checked and had good compression in all cylinders. Because
it had good compression, burned no oil, and had appropriate power, it was
felt an engine rebuild was not in order.
9181 Components that were rebuilt included:
Holley 947D carburetor
The good aspects of 9181 are that it is a nearly complete GP with many of
the very hard to find parts including the correct carburetor, correct
distributor, air cleaner, air horn, combat rims, vintage tires, etc… It
is a running and driving example that is driven in car show/parades. The
paint is close to 100% and it is a very clean example with less than 50
miles on it since the restoration. It recently placed first in class,
president’s choice, and best in show at the MVPA Military Vehicle Rally in
Orlando, Fl ( Feb 26-28, 2016).
The less than good aspects include:
It has a reproduction horn. The speedometer is the 0-60mph rather than
the 0-100mph speedometer ( a highly contested subject among GP purists).
Some of the parts were mistakenly painted the wrong color most noticeably
the radiator painted black rather than OD green.
It still has some minor wiring needs including wiring the horn and wiring
the fuel gauge. The headlights and combat lights are dim and would likely
need replacing if it is driving at night. I have left them alone
because the bulbs are wartime dated. It does have a top but no side
Some welding was required to fill in rust holes around the side curtain
snaps so we opted to fill all of the holes in and re-drill in the future.
It has not been re-drilled for the snaps.