1941 Dodge Weapons Carrier, Power Wagon Style.
The vehicle currently has a hardtop, but we have the original convertible cab if you wish.
Older restoration, originally from dry Colorado, now located in the New York City area.
The engine and transmission have been rebuilt and replaced as many parts as possible. The front hubs were rebuilt and the steering box was also replaced.
$20,000 or best offer
The M3 half-track was an American armored personnel carrier half-track widely used by the Allies during World War II and in the Cold War. Derived from the M2 half-track car, the M3 was extensively produced, with about 15,000 standard M3s and more than 38,000 variant units manufactured.
The M3 was extensively modified with several dozen variant designs produced for different purposes. During World War II, the M3 and its variants were supplied to the U.S. Army and Marines, as well as British Commonwealth and Soviet Red Army forces, serving on all major fronts throughout the war. The M3 and its variants were produced by many manufacturers including Diamond T, White Motor Company and Autocar and were designed for a wide variety of uses, such as a self-propelled anti-aircraft weapon or self-propelled artillery. it was used by most of the Allies during the war.
In the Cold War era, the vehicle was used by a variety of state and non-state operators in conflicts in South America, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, remaining in service until as late as the mid-1990s. In Mexico, they are still in use as of 2019.
Watch for more pics coming soon.
Ford GTB Bomb Service Truck
This is a running GTB with the bomb hoist
In good condition $6600.
Dimensionally, the Ford GTB proved a larger vehicle than the world-renown JEEP or the 3/4-ton Dodge “Power Wagon” series but was of a much more compact size when compared to the war-winning “Deuce and- a-Half” transports. Nearly all GTB vehicles were affixed with an optional front-mounted winch (Braden or Gar Wood marks) with a 10,000lb rating. With excellent ground clearance, the GTB could manage water sources and depressions 25 inches deep. The open-air nature of the cockpit could be minimally protected against the elements by the raising of the forward windshield and erection of a canvas top. The rear area could be outfitted with folding seats for infantry and similarly see a canvas top erected for some protection against sun and rain.
This 1953-56 Dodge M56 R2 is a former Air Force crash truck. Similar to the more familiar M37 but quite a bit rarer, there were only 308 of these built and of this total, only 221 had the Braden winch on the front. Only a handful of the units produced still exist. Mechanically speaking, these trucks are identical to their more common M37 cousins, but with a longer wheelbase–126″ vs. 112. Fitted with a 10,000lb Braden winch, most were equipped with a grappling hook to tow wreckage. Built by Dodge with just the cowl and nose installed, the Oneida Products Corporation of Canastota, New York built the rear body. This truck is number 295 of the 308 produced, which matches up with the date of manufacture and delivery (July 27, 1956). The truck and chassis were built in 1953 but apparently it did not go to Oneida for final outfitting until 1956. The motor is a 230ci L-head six with a 4-speed 4wd manual transmission, a 2-speed transfer case, and axles with 5.83:1 gear. These trucks were built to save the lives of pilots of the U.S. Air Force.
The truck has a 24-volt system with the very hard to find Home lite PTO driven generator (230 volts 3 phase 80 cycle), generator controls and the always missing Engine Speed Governor for the generator (it does work).
This truck was nicely restored by the previous owner and I have over $12,000 in receipts for work completed on truck…mostly mechanical. The paint and graphics on truck are a couple of years old and looks very nice for use in military equipment shows or parades.
Clear Title. No Rust. Complete fuel system re-build, NOS fuel pump, fuel tank removed and relined, new lines, new 24v plugs and wires, new switches and gauges, new axle seals, new starter, fuel senders, new coil and ignition system, new brakes, new master cylinders, new brake lines, New upholstery, new axle bearings. It comes with two very hard to find Fire Axes, two fire suits, stretcher and miscellaneous spare parts, several factory manuals, and enlarged wiring diagrams.
This is a solid, but not very original Weapons Carrier. It would be great for reenactments and parades, but not for shows.
Running gear look good with a two speed transfer case. The engine turns over, but do not know if it will run.
$5500, with title. ~SOLD~
Six prototypes of the vehicle were produced in early-to-mid 1950 based on the WC series Dodge vehicles used in World War II, with the first pre-production pilot vehicle rolling off the assembly line on 14 December 1950. Many of the components on the M37 are similar or identical to the World War II vehicle and many deficiencies of the previous series were corrected in the M37. Notably, a conventional pickup truck style bed replaced the platform on the World War II vehicle, simplifying production.
The M38A1 was the first vehicle to feature the round fender design that would later become the distinguishing body style of the CJ-5 (part of the Universal CJ series). Produced first in 1952, following the retirement of the M38 model, the M38-A1 was re-designed as an “stand-alone” improvement, featuring round front fenders, a contoured hood, a two-piece windshield, top mounted windshield wipers, and powered by the new “Hurricane” F-Head engine and Warner T90 transmission. The M38A1 (referred to by Willys as the “MD”), like the M38, had a frame and suspension that was much stronger than its civilian sibling, the CJ-5. With reversed spring shackles, military instruments, and a 24-volt electrical system, the M38A1 was a strong military work horse that was frequently fitted with a machine gun.
Willys M-38A1 Jeep with a solid body runs and drives well, still 24 volts, $9500, with radios and antenna.
More photos soon
The Hawker Tempest is a British fighter aircraft primarily used by the Royal Air Force (RAF) in the Second World War. The Tempest, originally known as the Typhoon II, was an improved derivative of the Hawker Typhoon, intended to address the Typhoon’s unexpected deterioration in performance at high altitude by replacing its wing with a thinner laminar flow design. Having diverged considerably from the Typhoon, it was chosen to rename the aircraft, Tempest. The Tempest emerged as one of the most powerful fighters of World War II and was the fastest single-engine propeller-driven aircraft of the war at low altitude.
Upon entering service in 1944, the Tempest was used as a low-level interceptor, particularly against the V-1 flying bomb threat, and as a ground attack platform, in which it supported major events such as Operation Market Garden. Later, it successfully targeted the rail infrastructure in Germany and Luftwaffe aircraft on the ground, as well as countering such attacks by German fighters. The Tempest was effective in the low-level interception role, including against newly developed jet-propelled aircraft such as the Messerschmitt Me 262.
The project includes the following:
1 left wing
1 right wing
Rear fuselage 95% restored
Forward fuselage 50% restored
Original engine mount
Bristol Centaurus V engine
Left elevator (new build)
Right elevator (new build)
Left and right horizontal tail ribs
Rudder bar and lower control stic assembly
Tail gear w wheel
Left and right landing gear
Right aileron (damaged)
Nose ring damaged
Armored plate( pilots seat)
Wing fuel tanks
For more info contact:
The WC54 was designed to replace the WC9, WC18 and the WC27 Truck, 1/2 ton, 4×4 Dodge Ambulance (G505). Based on the 3/4 Ton “Beep” Dodge chassis, it featured a longer wheelbase and adjusted suspension to make its ride softer. The closed sheet-metal body was made by Wayne Body works. It had room for a driver and four to seven patients plus a medic. If the fold-away bunk stretchers were used, four patients could be transported lying down. Because of its intended role, the WC54 featured a large matrix cab heater fitted on the firewall, providing comfort for patients and crew. It was fitted with a foldaway step to its rear to allow easier access for stretcher bearers and injured personnel. Early models featured a stuck out fuel filler cap which was changed to a recessed one in the later model, a modification that was retrofitted to some early model trucks.
From 1942 to 1945, total production of the 3/4-ton Dodge WC-series was some 250,000. Of these, 29,502 were ambulances
Here is some information on the 1944 WC-56 Command Car unfinished project. This WC-56 when to Europe during WW II and was sold to the Swiss Army after the war. Since the Swiss took good care of it, there is no significant rust of damage. The wartime engine is stuck, but It comes with an extra rebuilt Chrysler 230 ci engine. The transmission, transfer case, and drive train seem to be in good condition. It comes with five good combat wheels and original seat cushions. The steering, gas tank, tailgate, brake system are intact. The price is $19,500 and it comes with a good title and extra parts. Contact John for more
info: email@example.com ~SOLD
The Willys MC or formally the 1⁄4-Ton, 4 x 4, Utility Truck M38 was a quarter-ton four-wheel drive military light utility vehicle made by Willys between 1949 and 1952. It replaced the World War II Willys MB and Ford GPW models and had a total production of more than 60,000 units. The M38 was a military version of the then-current civilian Jeep CJ-3A. The M38 differed from the CJ-3A in numerous ways, including a reinforced frame and suspension, waterproof 24-volt electrical system, sealed vent system for the engine, transmission, transfer case, fuel system and brake system. Some M38 jeeps were assigned to the Korean theatre of operations, but the majority of vehicles used in that conflict were rebuilt World War II vintage.
Serious buyers only.
The M548 tracked cargo carrier is an unarmored variant of the M113 APC. This vehicle was developed in 1965. It is a general purpose transport vehicle, intended to carry cargo or ammunition to forward areas. This tracked carrier is no longer in service with the US Army. It was exported to Argentina, Canada, Israel, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and some other countries. It is still operational with some export operators.
The vehicle has a payload capacity of 5.45 t. It can carry three passengers in the cab and at least four in the cargo compartment.
The M548 tracked carrier can be armed with a pintle-mounted 12.7 mm or 7.62 mm machine gun over the cab for self-defense.
The original M548 supply carrier was powered by Detroit Diesel 6V53 turbocharged diesel engine, developing 210 hp. The engine is mounted behind the cab. The vehicle has a low ground pressure and performs well in rugged terrain. The M548 is fully amphibious. On the water, it is propelled by its tracks. The vehicle can be airlifted by the C-130 Hercules. Its height can be reduced by removing canvas top and folding windscreen.
A number of the M548 variants were developed and fielded, including minelayer, recovery vehicle, various radar carriers, missile launchers. A stretched version with 6 road wheels was also used.
As early as January 1940, Roebling had prepared preliminary sketches of an LVT with a gun turret to provide fire support to the landing waves. The concept languished until June 1941, when USMC recommended the development of an LVT armed with a 37mm gun and three machine guns and armored against 0.50 (12.7mm) machine gun fire. Development was slow and ultimately involved a complete redesign of the LVT, the LVT-2 Buffalo. Armored versions were introduced as well as fire support versions, dubbed Amtanks, which were fitted with turrets from Stuart series light tanks (LVT(A)-1) and Howitzer Motor Carriage M8s (LVT(A)-4).
Among other upgrades were a new powerpack (engine and cooling accessories), also borrowed from the Stuarts, and a rubber “torsilastic” suspension which improved performance on land. After Borg-Warner evaluated the LVT-1, Borg-Warner and FMC began work on new designs. FMC was assisted by faculty from Caltech and the University of California and developed the designs that became the LVT-2 and the LVT(A)-1. Interest in the LVT was enough that the Secretary of the Navy formed the Continued Board for the Development of the Landing Vehicle Tracked on 30 October 1943.
Serious Buyers Only